I want to be more consistant with posting on this blog but I have been really busy creating.
I'm getting ready to possibly do my first craft fair in a few weeks and have to get some stock together. I am very excited about some new items that I will be selling and adding to my Esty store soon. Lots for great handmade party supplies (origami centerpieces, cupcake toppers etc.)
I am also trying to work on developing my own website, while learning web design and working on my friends website for her photography portrait studio.
You can view my first attempt at a website here.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Here is my first post with origami instructions. I will try to post a new one each week. Please let me know if you have a specific request.
1. Fold the paper in half so the two longest edges meet.
2. Turn the paper over and fold so the two shortest edges meet.
4. Turn the paper over and repeat step 3.
5. fold the center edges down so they form triangles that just overlap the large triangle formed in steps 3 &4. Don't fold right to the corners leave a small straight edge showing.
6. Reverse fold the two small triangles formed in step 5.
7. Your butterfly should now look something like this.
8. Gently pull down the top right corner so the inside of the reverse fold lays flat. Repeat on the left side.
9. You should now have a finished butterfly.
As this is my first time posting origami instructions I would like feedback (if you were successful at folding this butterfly etc. )
Please also leave a comment with request for other origami instructions you would like.
Monday, May 23, 2011
I have been working on a new line of origami flowers. I am working on bridal bouquets and arrangement for baby showers and birthdays.
I hope to have a couple of July 4th themed listings in my store by the end of next week.
I am considering some origami how to blog posts. If any one is still reading this and has a request let me know and I will see what I can do.